Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Very First MMF Practice Cake


Its a practice cake so I could just practice making MMF and also putting it on a cake. The corners are totally screwed up down the crease at the corner, some cracking because I thought I could be like the cake people on TV and just fold my fondant up, put it on the cake, and unroll it like its supposed to be, NOPE. My bow is off but I don't think my MMF loops were hard enough, I was getting anxious and my kids kept trying to mess with them. Plus I ran out of white fondant while doing it, so I know next time I need more white fondant than I made this time. So this is just a rough draft and not needing to look 100% at the moment. Here ya go.. Its not perfect but I've learned A LOT while making it so thats at least a plus.



I have a little white tag out of MMF that I'm going to write "Welcome Baby Lucas" on but didn't have it dried or the icing mixed up to put on. Anyway, there we go.
Anyway, heres just the first step in my wild ride of Cake Adventures!! :) Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment